Sep 5, 2008

Marketing with Twitter works!

 

twitter_logo

The debate still rages: Is Twitter a useful tool for marketing online? Well for me and my marketing blog the answer is yes!

Looking back on Google Analytics, since I start my blog until today, Twitter is my 5th best referrer after Google organic traffic, direct traffic, Stumble and Muti.

Over the past 6 months, as I’ve built up a quality list of followers and followings (is that the correct term?!), Twitter has been pushed up to third spot on my referrers list, surpassed only by Google organic traffic and direct traffic (when people just type in your URL and go straight without search or links etc) which you always expect to be your top 2 referrers anyway.

Now considering that Stumble Upon, Delicious, Digg and Technorati are all parts of my blog marketing efforts, this makes Twitter a major player as a web 2.0 promotion tool. I also know that I am getting quality hits from Twitter as the people that follow my stream are mainly people in the industry I want to be talking to.

It kind of makes it easy to see why we should be recommending that our clients get active on Twitter, whether they understand it at first or not.

2 comments:

Whatley said...

Dude,

I have to COMPLETELY agree with you.
Nice post.

Sorry we didn't get a chance to chat the other week at Tuttle.

Catch up soon for sure.

James.

Jon M Bishop said...

Thanks James! As if to accentuate my point, James is on my Twitter list and probably saw this article link on Twitter!